The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: QuickLook under Leopard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quick look functionality would definitely be appreciated. In my case, I have a laptop & desktop, and haven't gotten my sync situation worked out very effectively, so quick looking at files between computers would really help. No substitute for the human perceptual system!

Thanks for making great software omni!

Yeah, quicklook would be wicked. I've noticed that numbers offers a stripped down version of the file in the file-bundle (the *.numbers package). I think that the most quick and dirty way to get OO to quicklook is to just create a screenshot of the main window, stick it in the OO file bundle, and key that to quicklook, rather than trying to make it rich text. I think most people just want to peek, anyway. ITs not elegant, but it would work.

I've been completely jonesing for this since Leopard. Currently OO is one of the only programs I use that doesn't have this. It blew me away that even SPSS (a stats package runing on java and know for crappy mac support) has rudimentary QL.

I gave lots of latitude to the awesome devs while they worked on OF, but now that OF is shipped (and indispensible) and OG is rolling, why not spend a day or two on this, I'm sure it will translate into at least a little ROI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurky View Post
I think that the most quick and dirty way to get OO to quicklook is to just create a screenshot of the main window, stick it in the OO file bundle, and key that to quicklook, rather than trying to make it rich text. I think most people just want to peek, anyway. ITs not elegant, but it would work.
Yeah, but I kinda want the RTF. Hopefully, OO files would then be searchable in the upcoming DevonThink 2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
Yeah, but I kinda want the RTF. Hopefully, OO files would then be searchable in the upcoming DevonThink 2.0.
This is what I'm banking on as well. Quick Look isn't just a nice-to-have – it makes files play nice with others as well.

17 mos. after the first developer release of Leopard & no support for Quick Look is...well....kind of lame.....OO files are already bundles - how hard can it be to generate a pdf of the file and add it to the bundle?

QuickLook support has been implemented and is making its way towards a beta release. I'm not in charge of the project, so I can't give you an exact date, but it's on the way.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-07-16 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: I used the wrong 'it's', which bugs me to no end. :-)