The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

DPI & Canvas size Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There are two things that I wonder if I can accomplish with OmniGraphSketcher:
1) Export the graph as an image (TIFF/PNG) with a fixed DPI setting
2) Lock the canvas size so that resizing the window doesn't affect the proportions of my graph.

My approach to solve #1 was to set a humongous canvas size, but in practice canvas size seems to be restricted to the screen size. Managing DPI in export or in the canvas size saves the extra step of saving the graph as PICT and then resaving in Preview.

Awesome software. Thanks!

Our PDF export is a vector file that can be resampled without a loss of quality, so if you need a bitmap with a specific DPI, I'd recommend exporting to PDF as an intermediate step, then resampling using using your graphics editor of choice.

Exporting with a custom DPI and locking the canvas are two good feature requests - be sure to email omnigraphsketcher@omnigroup.com to cast your vote!