The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sending tasks via email Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't get the "--" function to work either. The problem seems to be with Mail - no emails sent to myself show up in my Mail inbox. If I send an email with a --subject line, it shows up in my gmail inbox online, but not in my Mail inbox (and it doesn't get to Omnifocus either).

Is this the problem that others (murphtron, karlsf) are having?

Any ideas on how to correct Mail's inability to recieve email from myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liaooo View Post
I can't get the "--" function to work either. The problem seems to be with Mail - no emails sent to myself show up in my Mail inbox.[...] (and it doesn't get to Omnifocus either).
-- used to work for me but had stopped working. I'd rebuilt the rule from OF, no success.

Here is what I noticed: the first action in the rule created by OF is to delete the message. I just deleted that action and it now works. Delete should be the last action, not the first.

I opened a ticket for this on 12/31, and just updated that ticket.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2008-01-02 at 08:11 AM..

Quote:
I can't get the "--" function to work either. The problem seems to be with Mail - no emails sent to myself show up in my Mail inbox. If I send an email with a --subject line, it shows up in my gmail inbox online, but not in my Mail inbox (and it doesn't get to Omnifocus either).

Same thing here.
I looked in the mail rule then spot-lighted the script and it does not seem to exist?! or is it embedded in the actual app?

Any ideas

I'm having a similar, but slightly different issue. I've got the +omnifocus thing set up, and it works in terms of the message gets filed correctly in my "omnifocus" mail folder (like the first part of the rule says it should), but either the Applescript never triggers, or doesn't work, since it stops after the message filing. However, if I select the appropriate messages, and click "apply rules", then they correctly get moved into Omnifocus. Obviously though, that defeats the entire purpose of doing this.

Quote:

I'm having the same problem, and I think its either a problem with Gmail or Apple Mail. None of the e-mails I send myself appear in Apple Mail, they only appear in Gmail Inbox.

I don't know if it's Gmail that's not updating the POP with those messages, or if it's Apple Mail that refuses to download them.

Mail insists on putting the delete rule up top, but it should still work. The message will go to OmniFocus' inbox, and never show up in Mail.

But we've updated the behavior so it archives your emails instead of deleting them. To get the new behavior, you'll need to turn off the Mail script (in OmniFocus' preferences) and turn it back on again.

(and then enable the archiving option)

A'ight, I've tried every possible combination to get the send task via email to work and no go. With a --, the + string in email is kicked back by the server. The mail rule is processing, it's going into the archive mailbox, but not showing up in Omnifocus. Details

Mail 2.1.2
Build details:

Product: OmniFocus
Tag:
Date: 2008-01-02 22:09:37 -0800
Builder: omnibuild
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 96712

Just as a note, this has stopped working for me as well.

Curiously, it's only stopped in the past 2 days, as it seems to have worked before then.

However, I left my machine on over the long weekend and came back to find it completely frozen. I'm not sure if OmniFocus is what caused it (I did email a couple tasks to myself during that time).

oddly, it worked once . . . then never again. I really want it to work, but alas it's not my job to debug for Omnis, so hopefully it'll get fixed in a new rev. I will say, that + mail syntax will confuse a lot of people when their mail server kicks it back.