The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

CD Jewel case template Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there -

Just wondering if any kind person out there has a CD Jewel case (back and front) template for OG that they would be happy to share.

I've had a search around and can't find anything so before I go the the effort of creating my own (and get distracted from the design I am working on) I thought I would ask the good folks here...

Many thanks for any help

Cheers

trash

There are sites devoted to Visio that will have this. You can import them if you have OG Pro.

If you don't find someone with a ready-made stencil for it, you could always obtain a pdf file from the printers, and then place it in to a file.Maybe trace it with shapes so you have a native file.

Not to be a troll, but imho, OG should be avoided for the design of jewel of cases. OG just doesn't have the necessary fidelity. My bet would be InDesign or Illustrator. I shudder to think what CYMK film separations OG would produce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewS View Post
OG just doesn't have the necessary fidelity. My bet would be InDesign or Illustrator. I shudder to think what CYMK film separations OG would produce.
Are those anything like CMYK separations? :-)

Do you have any basis for your assertion that OmniGraffle (and its ColorSync support) doesn't have the necessary fidelity?

Color sync for multi-channel file is a step in the right direction...

Unless I'm missing something, to beat Adobe's level of print production functionality OG would have to have trapping, overprint, channel-specific manipulation, light-level and curve, spot color, just to name a few.

Also artwork of placed images and how it maintained quality of high-res scans from advanced scanners such as drum and scitex scanners. As well as a good track record for outputing to lino and/or direct-digital

But that's my opinion, I'll defer to anyone working at a printer or pre-press service bureau who recommends it.