The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcut for toggling sequential/parallel? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a keyboard shortcut for switching a project's type between sequential and parallel? This would save me a trip to the mouse. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't think so, at least not that I know of. But there should be. It's something I've been secretly wishing for a long time. :-)

-Dennis

Cool, thanks for verifying that. Let's keep our fingers crossed for something like command-option-' as toggling project "type".

You can use Help --> Send Feedback to submit feature requests.

Curt

Can't you bind an applescript to a keyboard shortcut with the Keyboard & Mouse preferences? If so, you could use this script:

Code:
(*
	This script toggles the sequential/parallel nature of the selected projects.  Derived from Clear "Missing NA" Suffixes and Mark Completed by Curt Clifton

Copyright © 2007, Curtis Clifton

All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

• Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

• Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
*)
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell front document
		tell document window 1
			set theSelectedItems to value of selected trees of content
			repeat with anItem in theSelectedItems
				tell anItem
					set oldSequential to sequential
					if class of it is project then
						set sequential to not oldSequential
					end if
				end tell
			end repeat
		end tell
	end tell
end tell
Curt, don't you need to update that copyright date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Can't you bind an applescript to a keyboard shortcut with the Keyboard & Mouse preferences?
Unfortunately, I don't think the Keyboard & Mouse preferences can assign keyboard shortcuts to items in the Scripts menu (c'mon Apple, help us out here!). However, a third party utility like FastScripts would probably do the trick.

-Dennis

I use, and highly recommend, FastScripts myself but it is possible to assign shortcuts to scripts using the Keyboard & Mouse preferences. If one enables the 'Show Scripts menu in menu bar' option in the AppleScript Utility, then those menu items (scripts) can be assigned a shortcut with Keyboard & Mouse.

Also, in addition to FastScripts any utility such as LanuchBar, Quicksilver, Butler, QuicKeys, etc., can assign a trigger to a script. I believe every Mac user really should have one, or more, of the above-mentioned utilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
If one enables the 'Show Scripts menu in menu bar' option in the AppleScript Utility, then those menu items (scripts) can be assigned a shortcut with Keyboard & Mouse.
Really? I have the Scripts menu enabled but I could have sworn I tried assigning keyboard shortcuts before and it didn't work. I'll have to try again. Thanks, Greg!

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Curt, don't you need to update that copyright date?
I live in Indiana. It's not 2009 here yet. :-)

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I live in Indiana. It's not 2009 here yet. :-)
And pi is still a nice round value of 3, right? :-)