The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dependencies, seems challenging Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have several groups of tasks. Each group has couple of dozen tasks. I am not allowed to start tasks from Group 2 until *every* the tasks from Group 1 is not started. Cannot start any task from group 3 until every task from Group 2 is not started. and so on. How do I do that?

I cannot use simple group dependency since Omniplan allows start of any task from Group 2 if any task from Group 1 has started.

Please help.

I'm not understanding this. You said:

"I am not allowed to start tasks from Group 2 until *every* the tasks from Group 1 is not started"

Did you mean that Group 2 can only get started when all tasks in Group 1 have started? In that case, create a "check" task in Group 1 that has a start-start relationship with each other task in Group 1; then make a task in Group 2 depend on that task

Does that help?

Thank you. Check task makes sense. I did that.

Problem I ran into in setting dependency. I need that check task to be start-start dependent on all other tasks from that group. I drag-drop all the tasks I get F-S dependency. Is there anyway to modify them in bulk to S-S.

Select all of the tasks which you want to connect to the check task. Next, drag from the lower left corner of the Gantt oval for the first task in the selection to the lower left corner of the Gantt oval for the check task. This will create a Start->Start dependency for each of the tasks in the selection to the check task. The screenshot here shows what it looks like just before I release the mouse button:

Perfect! Thank you so much.