The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem with Gmail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a strange problem.

I have 2 iMac 1 PPC and 1 Intel.

on the iMac PPC, when I access the Gmail page, i can't click on the links, nothing never happens ...
From the iMac Intel all works normally.

The same happens with the 5.5 sneakypeaks.

The settings are the same between both.

And I have exactly the same problem under this forum : When i click over 'Search' or Quick Links' i am supposed to get a menu, under my iMac PPC nothing happens, under my iMac Intel no problem.

Where this bug can come from ?

My G4 TiBook doesn't have those problems... I don't think it's the chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-rick
on the iMac PPC, when I access the Gmail page, i can't click on the links, nothing never happens ...

The same happens with the 5.5 sneakypeaks.
I'm using a PPC Mac Mini, and I get the same problem you describe - but on Safari 2.0.3. With OmniWeb 5.5 Sneaky Peek 10, I'm able to use gmail fine. (I don't know how to solve the problem, but you *can* use gmail, by clicking the "basic HTML" link at the bottom.)

I may also note that I don't get such problems with Safari 2.0.2, for whatever it's worth.

:p
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-rick
I have a strange problem.
Out of curiosity are you spoofing as another browser when visiting gmail? You would check this by going to http://mail.google.com/ and selecting "Show site preferences" from the OmniWeb menu. Under the Other tab there is a setting for "Identify to web servers and scripts as". Does this say something other than OmniWeb? If it does, try changing it to OmniWeb, close the browser window and in a new window return to gmail. Is the problem still there?

I was having the same problem and was still spoofing as Safari 1.2.3. Tried Safari 2.0.3 and the problem continued but going with the default Omniweb allowed the site to function normally in Standard mode. Thanks.

Use safari enhancer... change your setting in "Safari should identify to websites as: Safari (default)"

i was "identifying" myself as using firefox and had the same problems as you.

if you choose omniweb (at least in my case), you will only be allowed to view the HTML view.

I chose safari (default) and had no problems since.

hope i helped :)