The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clip-O-Tron 3000... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The plug-in sounds cool...although Mail.app runs oh so perfectly and I'm a little hesitant to add in something to the mix. Is the plug-in a Mail plug-in? How is it installed? How can it easily be uninstalled? Thanks!

Frank

Yes, it can be uninstalled from the same preference pane.

One button install and un-install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcma View Post
The plug-in sounds cool...although Mail.app runs oh so perfectly and I'm a little hesitant to add in something to the mix. Is the plug-in a Mail plug-in? How is it installed? How can it easily be uninstalled? Thanks!

Frank
Like you, and especially since I'm quite new to Mac, I was hesitant to do this. However, it works like a charm, and has had absolutely no effect on the performance of Mail. It's really made importing tasks from email much easier. You have nothing to fear.

Months ago I had installed Daylite (project software) which included a plug-in called DMI which offered "tight integration with Mac Mail". Oh boy there were not kidding. It caused Mail to perform erratically and would lock it up. Daylite was just a demo so I uninstalled, but the plug-in could not be uninstalled. It was never the same until I reinstalled the OS shortly after. Anywho..Mail runs perfect so yes I a bit hesitant. Good to hear you've had no problems. I just want to make sure it can be uninstalled cleanly.

Once you've installed this plug-in you can uninstall it by clicking the install button again (The icon changes to a red up pointing arrow for easy uninstall).

It is a mail plug-in, we place an alias that points to the plug-in (which actually lives inside of OmniFocus) in your ~/Library/Mail/Bundles folder. This has the effect that while if you were to delete OmniFocus with the plug-in "installed" the alias will remain but it will no longer point to anything so it is effectively deleted as well.

Finally, the plug-in does not add any UI to Mail, it only adds the additional functionality to the clipping feature of OmniFocus.

Last edited by troyb; 2008-08-01 at 07:06 AM..

Perfect! That's what I needed to know. I will give it a whirl...keep up the outstanding work!