The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Tickler? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I find myself somewhat confused between iCal and Omnifocus when it comes to the 'tickler' part of the GTD methodology. I much prefer to enter "tickler" items in iCal, as that allows me to 'look over the day's fixed events etc.' at the beginning of the day, as well as for the reminder features. But then, there are projects where the next action is really just to 'wait for iCal to tickle'...

Is there a simple simple way we could have integration with iCal events as well? I'm not thinking automatic Sync, as there are plenty of appointments on my iCal that I don't want to show up in Omnifocus. However, whatever the review functionality will be (I know it is yet to be revealed), I imagine it would be great to also review the day's or week's or month's events and decide if any of them should also trigger any actions.