The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Folder Names have bad names (equal signs)?!?! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Notice how the Project Folders Groups all weird names as a series of equal signs.

This is a screenshot taken from the Project Column popup menu in Context Mode. The same equal signs can be seen from the Action Inspector Palette when I choose the Project popup menu.
  • This happens for all Foldered Projects.
  • I'd renamed, deleted and recreated Project Folder Groups, but nothing helps.
  • These weird names do not appear on the Sidebar.

Any thoughts or help?!

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-shot-2010-02-18-at-9.48.26-AM.png
Views:	852
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1266  

Open the OmniFocus preferences, General pane. I think you'll find that you've somehow changed the hierarchy separator string from the default value of " : " to something with a lot of "====" in it...

Thanks; that was it! Not only was the solution simpler than I expected, but I am prepared to defend that it was the cat that did it. :-)

David

The reason it is so simple to recover from the cat's actions is that Omni has an office cat :-)