The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Integration question: OF and PersonalBrain Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm evaluating software to take notes and store attachments (information, not actions), and came across PersonalBrain. I really like it, but I can't figure out how to get a link in my OF notes field to a particular 'thought' or node inside a brain. Has anyone out there solved this problem?

With most mac software (e.g. mail or notes), I can create a link in the notes field, click it, and go right where I need to.

PersonalBrain is great, but it appears to want to be the source/control/hub for everything including tasks. From a GTD perspective, I use (and will continue to use) OF to 'do', and having to manually go search for the right attachment or information in personal brain doesn't cut it. Circus Ponies notebook has much the same problem - haven't figured out how to link an action directly back into a particular page in a particular notebook (and of course, it doesn't have the mindmapping/multi-to-multi link features of personal brain).

I like OmniOutliner, but it's not flexible enough for what I need (many to many relationships), and it's not very good at taking notes. I'd love to have a OmniGroup MindMapper/PersonalBrain/Notebook like killer app!

I think OF is better suited for tasks. For general reference and FYI stuff, I put all of that into DevonThink Pro Office.

Then I put tasks with real deadlines into BusyCal/iCal.

I'd use PersonalBrain more for the higher elevations of focus.

I wished there was an all-in-one but I think having a variety of programs that are actually focused on one part of my GTD system serves me better.