The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync Preferences Problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With the 539 version which was just posted when clicking on the sync tab:

The same message appears when I try to sync with iCal.

Stefan

I am also getting the cryptic alert with 539 that Schimmi mentions.

I'm getting this gem:

Quote:
Unable to synchronize with iCal:

*** -[NSCFDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil value at objects[0] (key: title)

And my error message:

"Unable to synchronize with iCal:

*** -[NSNull supportedEntityNames]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0xa08fb020"

This is with the build posted this morning.

Same error here.

Going back to previous build until this gets fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by washchuk View Post
And my error message:

"Unable to synchronize with iCal:

*** -[NSNull supportedEntityNames]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0xa08fb020"
That's the error message I get as well (except to "instance 0xa0730020").

I've noticed that if I rebuild the database, the first sync with iCal seems to go okay. I go over to iCal and nothing appears there, so I click sync again in OF, and it throws the error I listed above. Also, for the sake of fixing this, I am also receiving the same error on the preferences tab "Sync" as the above poster.

Regards,
D

Just updated to the latest build (93542), but the error persists.

Okay, newest build fixes the errors for me (Revision: 93550).

I can now click 'Sync with iCal' successfully every time, and surf the preference pane, but it doesn't actually sync anything. I'm praying for a fix by the end of the day.

Keep up the good work OG,
D

My bad, gentlemen. When they were listed under (none), I wasn't able to get them to sync over, but after I dropped them on a calendar I named "Todo", they sync'd. Perhaps this is the intended functionality, but I found it a bit tedious, especially when the menu item says "Sync to iCal", not "First you must drag contexts onto ical calendars, THEN you may sync them."

Anyways, big thanks on the fix today.

Ciao,
D