The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chrome support? [A: Chrome supports our Send to OmniFocus bookmarklet.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for sharing that. On the thread I linked to there a link to what I imagine is the source: Send to OmniFocus Bookmarklet.

That's helpful, but I'm used to clipping with the system-wide shortcut keys. Omni Group, do you plan to make that work like in Safari?

I posted an AppleScript that does a nice job with this. A little more consistent than the web clipper. You can use FastScripts Lite to assign a keyboard shortcut, or use Automator to turn it into a service.

Is it just me, or does that link go right back to this thread?

Anyhoo, posted an Applescript here, which does pretty much the same thing as the clipper.

What likely happened, iNik, is that two threads were later combined into one. I try to explicitly mention when I do that now to avoid that confusion; this one was probably combined before I'd acquired that habit. :-)

Combining this thread with an existing one about clipping in Chrome...

iNik, thanks for posting that! It does what I was looking for and I used your example to make something similar for Evernote. Both are in an easy-to-fork Github Gist: https://gist.github.com/1239959

I use the "Send to OF" bookmarklet not only to send pages, but to also send individual emails from Gmail.

But whenever I send a page to OF, the page in the Chrome browser goes blank. I need to reload the page. I Gmail this is a bit of a pain, as Chrome actually logs in again, loads the inbox and then the email that was displayed.

This does not happen in other browsers. I would like to stick to Chrome, as I use several extensions that integrate with Gmail.

Any advise ?

I did some quick research, reddogco, but didn't find anything telling that would help out in the short term.

It looks like the latest versions _do_ support OS X's Services functionality, though. (Try highlighting the URL and heading to Chrome→Services→OmniFocus:Send To Inbox.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
I did some quick research, reddogco, but didn't find anything telling that would help out in the short term.
Were you able to reproduce the problem ?
In the mean time, the [CHROME>Services>Omnifocus: Send to Inbox] works.
Thanks