The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pages often blank until I highlight with Mouse Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniWeb-5.6-v613

Several web sites I use come up blank, or mostly blank, until I click the mouse and wipe the cursor over the page, as if were highlighting a section of text. My online banking site is practically unusable as things are.

I am using Leopard. I did an erase and install, so I am using none of my previous OmniWeb settings.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

Cheers.

I'm experiencing the same thing intermittently.

I'm experiencing this, too.

It seems to be a Leopard issue with Omniweb 5.6.

Look at this site where i can reproduce this bahaviour constantly:
http://www.maniac-forum.de/forum/pxm...=board&brdid=1

just navigate the threads ... after a few threads you can be sure to see the issue in the bottom frame
(-> looks like no content at all, but after clicking and dragging the mouse the content appears)

some observations:
- i think its not an issue with frames. i saw this on other sites as well ... this is just an example
- NO PROBLEMS with omniweb 5.6 on tiger
- NO PROBLEMS with safari 3 on leopard

please fix this :-)

thanks,
Lur

Same blank page problem here when I want to reach the page of my router.

The problem is still there in the latest 5.7 Sneaky Peak. Any comments from Omnigroup?

I've seen this intermittently as well. It does not occur consistently, even when repeatedly reloading the same page.

Just a note, it is a little easier to "fix" the page by clicking anywhere in the page then pressing Command-A to select all.

I have the same problem. For me it seems related to frames and/or anchors. On pages like this (try to click arround on the links in the frames) OmniWeb is nearly unusable.

Another, possibly-related issue I've been seeing is that OmniWeb does not reliably render the background color or image of some websites. Again, the problem is intermittent.

The problem does not occur in Safari or WebKit, so it's not Apple's renderer. It's something broken in OmniWeb itself.

I have an example site where you should be able to reproduce the problem, but unfortunately it is currently unavailable due to some sudden and unexpected DNS changes made today by the hosting company.

So I'll come back to this issue in a day or two after this problem has been resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Just a note, it is a little easier to "fix" the page by clicking anywhere in the page then pressing Command-A to select all.
Thanks for that trick.

I emailed OG using the feedback link in OW since I'm having this exact same problem. Its definitely a problem on sites using frames or iframes. They responded within the hour and were aware of the problem. No indication of when a fix would be coming, but at least they acknowledged there is a problem to be fixed.