The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clean Up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just downloaded the new sneaky peak. Wow, now that's quick service.

Even though I'm not using the new pref, I'm glad to see the quick turn around and that Omni listens to their customers. I think you'll be happy, Mark! :)

-Dennis

I guess the next question is: will the new preference be checked by default? And if not, will new users find it?

I guess if they don't, they can always come here and ask (or read through this glorious debate :).

-Dennis

PS - Now, how about those missing disclosure triangles on action groups that are completed or nested in single-action lists? Can we get a quick fix on that too?

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-08-22 at 02:17 PM..

We decided that the default behavior would remain as is for now. Some people are really nervous of having stuff "disappear".

Some people will probably notice the release note. Some people will find this thread. Some people will email us.

I agree with keeping the default behaviour where it is. I don't know about others, but if I came across any software not hiding completed when I'd filtered them out, I'd go straight to preferences anyway, expecting to find a setting.

One comment on the newly added feature - it doesn't work in Inbox. I know many won't complete items directly from there, but I have two reasons to;

1) Some two minute actions still go into Inbox, and get completed before doing anything else.

and

2) I've set up six repeating actions in inbox to remind me to check my various physical inboxes. As soon as I check one off, I end up with two copies - the completed one for today, and the new occurrence for tomorrow.

It's not as distracting as elsewhere, because I'm not actually in "do" mode mentally, but it is messy and if possible I'd like the setting to be consistent and work everywhere.

Really, I want to get to the point where I can remove Clean Up from my toolbar altogether.

Mark