The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Workflow on iPhone? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The iPhone app requires a lot of digging in and out of menus to see stuff. What are people's sort of daily workflows with the iPhone app? I'm looking for easy ways to see my stuff.

Thanks.

I don't try to use it in the same fashion that I would OF on iPad or Mac. I use it to capture ideas to the Inbox, and I use it for executing actions from projects I've already structured elsewhere.

Turn on the perspective support in the settings page if you haven't already done so, and set up a context mode perspective on the Mac that gives you a good grasp on what you want to do today without having to dig around. Perspectives get synced along with the data, but so far only context mode perspectives are supported on the iOS apps. Then when you finish a task and need to choose the next task to work, you pull out the device and choose something from the perspective. Have an idea about something you should be doing? Pull out the iPhone, use the Quick Entry button when OF starts to capture it by typing or speaking or even photographing, then flesh it out when you're back at the Mac. If you've assigned locations to your contexts, you can use the map facility to suggest nearby tasks you should tackle.

Thanks. I guess that's a good way to look at it. I was hoping it could be an either/or situation between the iPhone and the desktop, but I guess it's not there yet. Hopefully in 2.0. Still quite handy, the app.

And thanks for your help in other threads as well. You're a great resource here. Omni should hire you. :)