The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner 4 and iPad (Updated 7/23/10) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
To me, it sounds like OO4 (for Mac) is delayed until the end of the year, but nothing was really said one way or another about the implications for the schedule of the iPad app...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
To me, it sounds like OO4 (for Mac) is delayed until the end of the year, but nothing was really said one way or another about the implications for the schedule of the iPad app...
That's just the way, I understood it. And that was actually the reason for me asking for any update...

UPDATE: Actually, there is an end-of-summer release goal in just that post by Derek. But I wanted to know, if this goal is still on or not.

Last edited by boris.baesler; 2010-09-03 at 07:16 AM..

On our computers we have tools to use, regardless of the version. On the eye pad we have nothing. I want all my OO docs on my iPAD, so please, now would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris.baesler View Post

UPDATE: Actually, there is an end-of-summer release goal in just that post by Derek. But I wanted to know, if this goal is still on or not.
So do we all :)

But the end of summer goal statement is in the original post, from months ago, not in the updated portion of the post. This might be less than clear, especially if you hadn't seen or don't remember the original post. Also less than crystal clear is whether the outline view and animation work mentioned as taking much longer than anticipated is work for the iPad, Mac, or both. If it is for the iPad and the Mac, then the iPad schedule may be impacted more substantially than if it is code only needed for OO4 for Mac.

Email to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com might spur a clarification — at least you will know that someone at Omni read your message in a timely fashion, which isn't the case with posting to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
So do we all :)
+1 here!
I'm not even bringing my iPad with me at work, since its main purpose would be void without OO.

I just registered here to say: iPad, iPad, iPad.

Stuff the desktop app: it already does pretty much everything, which is infinitely more than the iPad app, because that doesn't exist yet :(

iPad, iPad, iPad.

Carbon Fin Outliner just isn't doing it for me, purely because there's no desktop version.

I'll be officially back from vacation tomorrow, after which I'll review the current state of OmniOutliner for iPad and post an iPad or Bust! update on our blog. (3 down, 2 to go!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
I'll be officially back from vacation tomorrow, after which I'll review the current state of OmniOutliner for iPad and post an iPad or Bust! update on our blog. (3 down, 2 to go!)
Dude, Ken, I'm jonesing for news about OmniOutliner for iPad.
When the iPhone came out, I said, "awesome, but make it bigger, do away with the phone contract and put OmniOutliner on it and I'm sold."
I'm certain I will use the iPad app far more than the desktop version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdroad View Post
On our computers we have tools to use, regardless of the version. On the eye pad we have nothing. I want all my OO docs on my iPAD, so please, now would be good.
+1

Just posting to keep this thread hot (and increase the total number of commenters).

Quote:
Originally Posted by menicosia View Post
+1

Just posting to keep this thread hot (and increase the total number of commenters).
Which accomplishes exactly nothing, and might even be deleted. Forum rule #2:

No spam. This includes content-free posts. ("Bump" posts, "First!" posts, etc.)
Forum rules can be found at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16307

If you want Omni to do something, like add a feature, or answer a question, they actively encourage feedback. Use Help->Send Feedback to send it to them, or they may not see it.