The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do I show Breaks in a task? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a single task that spans 1 day, but how do I show several stop/start times during that single timeline, or do I have to show each one as a separate task?

A task is a task. A multiday series of events is a project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emory View Post
A task is a task. A multiday series of events is a project.
Do you realize this is the OmniPlan forum, not OmniFocus?

At the moment, there is no support for interrupted tasks in OP, if you want something else to be scheduled in the gaps. You can of course chop the big task into little chunks.

Do you really need to see this level of detail, or do you just need your plan to reflect time siphoned away from the project? You can do the latter by adjusting the assignment percentages. Say you figure that you have an 8 hour work day, and on average about 2 hours each day go to miscellaneous tasks not tracked by your plan. You could assign the resources to work at 75% of 100%. A task requiring 6 hours of effort will then occupy 8 hours on the chart, reflecting the losses to the "friction"...