The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

same person working with different resources at different times during the day Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I try to use Omniplan for organising my Ph.D. (apart from OF and OO).

There are roughly two different things I do every workday: Writing and reading. I have the mornings from 8.30 to 12.30 a.m for writing in my office and the evenings from 8.00 - 9.30 p.m. for reading at home.

Now let's say I have a bunch of writing-tasks like "write chapter x", "write chapter y" and reading-tasks like "read chapter x in book z".

How can I work with this in Omniplan? I thought I could have a resource called "writer" and one "reader" and when I allocate "writer" to one task, it gets scheduled at the proper time in the morning, same for "reader" in the evening. "Writing" and "reading" are interdependent: Sometimes I cannot start writing unless I have read a certain text before.

I also tried to change the calendars for the reader and the writer. I work on my Ph.D. 5,5 hours every day: 4 hours writing and 1,5 hours reading.

However, I created a big mess. Nothing is working as expected.

I also tried working with percentages, same mess. Any suggestions how I could solve this problem?

Frank

Your first approach sounded reasonable. It's hard to know exactly what sort of "big mess" you're running into. If you email our Support Ninjas at omniplan@omnigroup.com, they can probably help you better with specific issues, especially if you can include a copy of your OmniPlan file.