The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New to OF (From Things) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I admit, I love the simplicity of Things & some of the look of the Mac app. But, the OF iPad app is gorgeous, and there looks like a lot to love about OF. I've been hearing everyone rave about it for years. With the recent sale, I decided to give it a try. The lack of progress and support on Things, along with syncing is what really had me looking for greener pastures.

That said, and my GTD background somewhat introduced (We don't need to get into the old Franklin Covey Days, do we? I'm feeling old as it is), I'm wondering if there are other Things defectors out there who could point me to blogs, posts, whatever, that were most helpful in switching from one to the other. Better, I'm looking for tips - especially in the following areas:
  • Perspectives. What's your secret sauce formula setups that you find most useful?
  • What to do about those someday projects? Don't throw rotten fruit my way, but I really did get used to the Someday feature in Things. I'm one of THOSE people who likes those lists. Besides therapy, suggestions?
  • How did you handle switching from Next feature?
  • And last but far from least, I was also used to those recurring tasks - Scheduled.

There's a mountain of information out there, and I have watched a good deal of videos and downloaded the manual. I'd just like a few quick starts to give me the warm and fuzzys and to keep me from feeling like I'm drowning in complexity until I wade in the kiddie pool for a bit.

If there's anything else that you found helpful in switching, I'm all eyes. If it helps, I'm a writer who works from home.

Can you help nerd girl here? Thanks SO much in advance everyone. Glad to be here.

- Michelle

Last edited by JustRed; 2012-06-26 at 07:42 PM..