The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Special cutout for image maps Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a set of wireframes for a client using Omnigraffle for the first time after doing the same thing in Adobe Indesign for quite a while. So I'm not anywhere near being an expert user, but given my previous experience with Indesign I'm not a total newbie either.

Anyway, here's the thing: I have my document's page size defined as A3, but I'm using only a portion of the page for the actual prototypes, having occupied the surrounding area with things like page titles, document version, remarks or details of page behavior.

Now I want to include this outer area when printing my wireframes, but when I export them to HTML image maps I obviously only like to have a cut-out of the pages with just the actual screen prototypes.

Omnigraffle's Export menu has a number of additional options such as Entire Document, Region and All Objects, but so far none of them suits my needs. When I hide the page titles and other print-only elements in the master canvas and choose Entire Document then Omnigraffle converts all my pages to image maps but preserves the outer margins. When I define a specific Region (or choose All Objects for that matter) it only allows my to export the current page.

Summarized: Is there some sort of way of cropping down all pages in a document at once when exporting to HTML image maps?

There, lots of text but I hope some of you might have some soft of solution.

Kind regards,

Nick

Last edited by NickL; 2007-10-31 at 06:09 AM..

+1. I am having the same issue.