The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How Do I Use It? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Okay, this is going to sound like a complete newbie question, and it is, but here goes:

How do I use it?

I don't mean how to actually use it as in "RTFM", because I have. :) I meant...what's the practical use?

I'm asking because I bought OO3 Pro about two and a half years ago when a friend convinced me that it's even better than OmniFocus for changing your life. But, after having spent the money and installed it, and playing with it a few times, I haven't actually used it for anything since then.

Now that OO4 is out, I have an excuse to get my butt in gear and use it to organize things and my life.

So my question is: Is there anyone out there with tips, or a tutorial, or suggestions, on how to basically use it to organize your daily life and work? I never, ever, was big into spreadsheets and outlines. I actually am a writer but I always have done it off the top of my head, as I generally write op-eds. Outlines don't usually come into my life.

But I would really like them to. I've been a supporter of Omni products since around 2005 (Omniweb was the thing for me). I'd like to use this thing. So any feedback would be seriously appreciated. :)

Thanks!

P.S. I know that it sounds like I'm a newbie and full of stupid questions, but I really just enjoy the look and feel of it. All I need to know is what I should be doing with it on a daily basis. Please be gentle. :)