The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Definition of Next Week and Next Month Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

In the context view, I always look at my actions grouped by Due Date. What looks strange is that I always have Today, Tomorrow, and Within the next week. If today is Wednesday, and I have an action due on Friday, it's still in the current week, but it appears in the "Within the next week" group.

I noticed the same behavior for the current month: today is Wed, Nov 7; a task due on Nov 14 appears under "Within the next month", although it's in the current month.

Is this the expected behavior? Shouldn't we have a "This week" and "This month", or something similar?

All the best,
Cesare

I'm pretty sure "within the next week" means "in the next seven days". You could make an argument for either that interpretation, or the one that you imply. Personally, I think I have a slight preference for the current behavior, but wouldn't be heart broken if it were the other way....

I realized that it's not incorrect right after clicking on the submit button :)

I guess it's really a matter of personal taste, but I'd find it clearer if the word "next" were not used for something due this week or this month.

Better wording for the current behavior would be "Within the next 7 days". I understand the current behavior, but somehow "Within the next week" doesn't induce quite the sense of urgency that "Later this week" might. I'd be in favor of a change in the behavior of date groupings. The preferences already include a setting for the first day of the week, so the necessary data is there I think.

Curt