The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

UI quibbles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all
Normally I use the Mac version for everything except a few tasks on the iPhone, namely inbox entry & checking errands and other contexts away from the Mac. But recently I've been on the move a lot and so was working a lot more from the iPhone. I have a few quibbles with the UI which I thought I'd share to see if others agree.

1. Processing Inbox: on the iPhone its CONTEXT then PROJECT, while on the Mac its the reverse. I dont care what the order is, but I would like consistency, please.

2. No easy toggle of status of Available/Remaining/All for projects and Next/Available/Remaining for Contexts. If I'm looking at a screen and I cant see what I know is there OR I'm drowning in too much stuff, the only way I can find is to go back to the Home screen, select Settings, change the status, and then navigate all the way back to where I was. Is there an easier way ?

[If you're looking for some screen real estate, perhaps consider remove the Locations button??]

3. Concept of review date isn't to be found on the iPhone anywhere - not on the project, and I cant get a list of projects ordered by Review date. This later is a real shame as in those little 5 min blocks one gets in life it would be great to knock off the next review that needs doing.

4. Finally, that strange beast "Due or Flagged" that I resisted for so long on the Mac, but which I now swear by, hasn't migrated yet the iPhone.

Thoughts ?
Kazza