The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Creating children tasks for OF on iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I create children tasks in OF for iPhone? I don't see an obvious way of doing that :-(

Thanks!

You don't create children tasks directly, you simply create new tasks and move them under the parent.

Go to the project where you have the task which will be the parent. Create the new action(s). Tap the Edit button, then tap the action to move. Tap the refile button at the bottom right (looks like a file folder with a downward-pointing arrow). Now choose the destination, and the action will be moved to that spot. You may have to subsequently rearrange the actions at that level in the tree if you wanted the action to be somewhere other than at the end of the list. Repeat as needed to get all of the children appropriately nested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You don't create children tasks directly, you simply create new tasks and move them under the parent.

Go to the project where you have the task which will be the parent. Create the new action(s). Tap the Edit button, then tap the action to move. Tap the refile button at the bottom right (looks like a file folder with a downward-pointing arrow). Now choose the destination, and the action will be moved to that spot. You may have to subsequently rearrange the actions at that level in the tree if you wanted the action to be somewhere other than at the end of the list. Repeat as needed to get all of the children appropriately nested.
Thank you very much! Works perfectly. Something for the Omni Group folks to note - the file button is not sufficiently obvious (at least wasn't for me - if I am the one dud who couldn't figure it out then problem solved).

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlad View Post
Thank you very much! Works perfectly. Something for the Omni Group folks to note - the file button is not sufficiently obvious (at least wasn't for me - if I am the one dud who couldn't figure it out then problem solved).
Oh, almost certainly you aren't the only one who didn't figure it out! But did you read the manual (pp. 23-24, http://downloads.omnigroup.com/softw...one-Manual.pdf)?