The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard focus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I press ⌥⌘F to go into search, the keyboard focus seems to disappear completely in OO4. Ideally I'd like keyboard focus to move to the search window.

Oh and if you do a successful search in the search box, top left pane of the window, and are then presented with a list of items underneath the search box, there really should be a keyboard option (such as the down arrow) to move into that list and select which item you want.

You can do all this with the mouse, but that destroys the point of using keyboard shortcuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnpm View Post
If I press ⌥⌘F to go into search, the keyboard focus seems to disappear completely in OO4. Ideally I'd like keyboard focus to move to the search window.
Ah, our mistake. You can make this work now if you turn on full keyboard access, go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts and set Full Keyboard Access to All controls.

As for switching focus to the results with the keyboard I've added your vote to the bug report. Thanks.

Thanks