The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.1.3 hangs on program start Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Howdy!

So here's the scoop: after OmniWeb had issues with loading a site I had setup in a workspace a few days ago, it now refuses to open any page whatsoever. Killing the workspace, forcing quit, restarting the app, clearing the cache, reinstalling the software, and even (gasp!) rebooting the machine have not fixed it.

Seemingly nothing I can do--and I've tried a lot more than that listed above--hasd restore Omni to its former fully functioning glory. :(

So, Alas! I am forced now to make this very post with my second favorite browser, Firefox, since I get no joy from OmniWeb. (Please kids, be nice, I'm new out here on the playground, and the Firefox use isn't by choice. ;-)

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks much,
Kevin

I highly recommend contacting our tech support team directly at omniweb5@omnigroup.com. We'll get back to you promptly, and should be able to help you figure out how to get up and running again.

Wanted to send public thanks to Brian for his sage wisdom and assistance in helping solve the freezes.

In short: after some super-brief, painless troubleshooting with Ye Olde Trusty Mac "sample" command, he (fully living up to the title of "Support Ninja") was able to quickly pinpoint the problem as being the "webkit is freaking out".

He recommended trying 5.5 Sneaky Peek to exorcise whatever had possessed my poor Webkit, and WHAM! like that the problem is gooooone. :D

Thanks, gang!

Kevin