The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bonjour syncing repeatedly fails and only corrected by reboot Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a setup with my Mac (10.7.5) running the latest Omnifocus, and two devices attached to it, my iPad 2 and my iPhone 5, both with the latest versions as well and running iOS 6, and sync using Bonjour. I rarely reboot my machine, and put it to sleep every night, often with Omnifocus running.

My problem is that eventually my devices will stop being able to find the sync server. I've tried restarting the app on both Mac and devices, and resending the sync info over WiFi (which the devices can't see) and via email, which also gives the error. I've had Omnifocus for a couple of years now, and never had an issue like this until recently. It's possible this started up right around the time I got the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 came out, but I don't sync that often so I don't recall exactly the timing.

Occasionally (very rarely, happened ~2 times) doing the above steps repeatedly will allow one of them to sync, but the only reliable way to make it work is to reboot my Mac, after which it will work briefly before failing again.

Any thoughts on this?

You should probably email our Support folks at omnifocus@omnigroup.com
That will probably be easier than troubleshooting here on the forums, because they'll probably want to see console logs and such.