The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Email an action? Please! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Right now our development focus is OmniFocus 2 for Mac; after that, we'll look at adding this to the iPhone app.
Great. You see the functionality, correct?

If you add this, I will have all my employees get Omnifocus for their macs, their phones and ipads. Then, I can send them actions to complete and then can send me things that they need me to do. It's a big help in delegation.

J.

You really can't today, that's the whole issue. It's available on the iPad although only a single action at a time.

On the mac version you can email a version of an action if you write an applescript but it won't be in a format that would be accepted by the person to whom it was sent. They would have to create an action and type in the data.

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
Time to bump this to the top of the list again.

Being able to email or iMessage an action is a fantastic way to delegate. It's great on the ipad but it would be even more important on the iphone to have it. And it's driving me nuts that we don't have it.

J.
I agree! I really miss this feature on the iphone, it's so much easier for me to delegate tasks to my staff with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorati View Post
I agree! I really miss this feature on the iphone, it's so much easier for me to delegate tasks to my staff with this.
Agree.

Here's the thing. If the email (or imessage) had a clickable link that turned it into a OF action on the recipient's phone, I'd buy all my employees a copy of OF for the iphone and for their macs. That way I could delegate one to the other they could use it to keep track of their tasks that I've given them. I'd also like to be able to send them a whole project.

That one feature would cause me to pay for a lot of copies of OF. I would imagine this could have a very positive impact on sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Today's update to OmniFocus for iPhone v1.16 can now send actions by email.
Ahhhhhh. You can't believe how good that feels. Can't wait to try it and I'm going to have my employees buy it.

Thanks!

J.