The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Now Available: Mac-to-Mac Bonjour sync over local networks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't think we tried running it on an OS X server. We had to do separate config files for 10.4 and 10.5. Maybe we will need to do a similar thing for OS X Server? I'll try to find out on Monday.

I am testing the mac version, and I am please with it, so I buy the iphone version to test the all system before to pay more
but I am unable to synchronized the two applications with the instruction of the help unsing Bonjour
Now I understand that the help instructions are not accurate since Bonjour dont work on iphone version
so I'm very desappointed (and a bit more than that !)
sorry but the webdav activation si totaly uncomprehensible from the very first line (and I can not find the file too)
so when will it works ?

django: Bonjour syncing is coming for the iPhone soon. In the meantime, if you have a MobileMe account, that's the next-easiest way to get syncing. What file are you saying you can't find?

Have you tried emailing our Support Ninjas to get some help? (omnifocus@omnigroup.com)

Sorry but I am a basic mac user
I refer to the 2nd step
Enable WebDAV support in Apache. Edit the file /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, (remember to use sudo to edit it) and locate this line
I never heard before the words WebDAV, Apache, sudo, Terminal (and so on)
and I am unable to find the httpd.conf file and I have no /etc/apache2 too
in my MacBook pro with macOS 10.5.5

and I dont want to pay 79euros to apple too

If you are running Mac OS 10.5, you have those files. In the Finder, type <apple>-G and in the resulting dialog box, type /etc/apache2, click the blue button, and you'll get a window showing you the files in that directory. Congratulations -- you've now done the single easiest step in the project :)

However, I would recommend you just wait a few days (the exact value of "a few" I regret I cannot provide) for OmniFocus 1.1 for iPhone to be released through the App Store which will relieve you of the need to do some configuration which will be both tricky to do and even trickier to debug if you don't have Unix command line experience. Another option would be to open a free trial MobileMe account.

Thank you for the trick !
I verify that apple-G is not mentionned in the help of the finder (at least in the short cut for files and "dossier" (I do not know the translation in english)
and that this file only appear with apple-G and not apple-F
another mistery !!!
I think it would be better for me to be patient
and I it would be kind of you to propose a simplest way of synchronisation
sincerily
Francois

It may not be listed in the Finder help, but it is a standard Finder command and the keyboard shortcut should be visible when you look at the Go menu (the command is Go to Folder in the English version). Spotlight doesn't index all files on the system, only the "user" files, I think. As you've discovered, you can't use it to find everything! "Folder" is probably the word you couldn't remember (instead of "dossier").

If you can set up a trial MobileMe account (free for at least 30 days, but check to be sure) at http://www.me.com you should be able to use that for synchronizing your iPhone until the 1.1 version is ready. The only thing wrong with it is (for this purpose, at least) that you have to pay for it if you use it beyond the trial period; OmniFocus works very reliably with it for sync. If you do this, make sure in your System Preferences for MobileMe (or .Mac if you are using 10.4) that you do not enable MobileMe syncing of your iDisk.

This has probably been answered many times, but it's not an easy subject to search for. My question is whether I need to open OF on my iPhone in order to sync it to my Mac over Bonjour.

On the face of it, the answer seems obvious: yes. But I'm used to syncing my phone simply by cradling it. I put it in the cradle when I get home from work and I take it out in the morning, knowing it has all my new contacts and appointments.

However, it seems with OF that I need to remember to open the app and let it do its spinny thing before I leave for work.

Only Apple applications get to run in the background, and only Apple applications get to use the USB cable for syncing, so if you don't have OmniFocus running, it isn't being synced.