The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change background to black instead of white Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can we change the background of OG Pro to black instead of white so it doesn't burn my eye's of their sockets? I can do this in AutoCad and it makes a big difference for me.

Is this possible with OG Pro?

If you open up the "Canvases" bar, you'll see a little box to the right of the of the master or Canvas. Clicking that box allows you to pick the colour of the canvas.

That should do the trick. I find it helpful to do that when building images for powerpoint / keynote where I do often use a darker background.

Also, I sometimes simulate a gradient background by sticking in a box with a gradient into the master template.

HTH

Morgan

Apple's OSX has built in aids for disability which cover this too... My son needs it but I do this too from time to time. It's system wide...

Ctrl-Opt-Cmd-8 will toggle between black on white and white on black, for all apps.

(Depending on your Apple experience level... no offence intended... Opt is probably called Alt on your keyboard and Cmd is that funny Apple/Pretzel key...)

Thanks guys! I am looking for a bit more functionality though on the first suggestiong about the canvas color.

In autocad, it automatically inverses the black font to white along with the lines and other artifacts so you get an easy inverse. It still prints black font on the page but when editing, that black background saves me pain.

In OG, you have to reverse colors of everything and then it prints out with a black background. This is more of an editing setting I am asking for I guess.

Thoughts?

That is an interesting suggestion and one that I would find helpful too - especially when moving similar graphics between screen presentations and print.

I don't have an answer, though. Anyone else?

It really has to be implemented by Omni. Any AutoCad users here? They will know more about what I am talking about. Having a black background helps me go longer with less eye strain and less headaches.

maybe Omni can build this in on the next big release.