The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.7 beta 1 now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm really impressed with the beta so far. I really hope OG pushes OW even harder in the future. IMHO, it's been the premier browser on any platform for years. Clean, powerful, and smooth. Keep up the good work, OG.

Safari is awesome, but not powerful enough.
Firefox is powerful, but feels like crap.
OmniWeb, just right.

Last edited by frankiec; 2008-03-17 at 06:36 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiec View Post
I'm really impressed with the beta so far. I really hope OG pushes OW even harder in the future. IMHO, it's been the premier browser on any platform for years. Clean, powerful, and smooth. Keep up the good work, OG.

Safari is awesome, but not powerful enough.
Firefox is powerful, but feels like crap.
OmniWeb, just right.
I, too, hope that OW will introduce some new features in V. 6. That being said, check out Firefox 3B4. It has improved dramatically. One feature I like in the new version is the ability to select which applications or plugins will work with what files. So, when using WorldCat to search libraries, I can select "download to Endnote" then have Firefox import directly bibliographic information (.ris) into BookEnds. Works brilliantly. Bookmark management has also been improved dramatically.

So I hope that OG is peeking at other browsers for some more creative inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyi666@yahoo.com View Post
So I hope that OG is peeking at other browsers for some more creative inspiration.
I agree. OW's development feels a little stagnant at the moment, and new features and bug fixes would really be nice.

The same for me for icons. I don't really like them; they look to much cartoonesque for me.