The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF2: How to limit calendars in Forecast view? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've looked and looked for this.... (Both on the OF end, and also on the Calendars end).

Is there any way to limit the calendars that display in the Forecast view? Because if there isn't, this is a really useless view for me. I'm subscribed to a number of shared calendars that I don't normally track.

Also, +1 for a request to be able to pull custom perspectives "above the fold" on the iPhone home.

thanks!

Yup. In concept, this works exactly like it did in the prior version, although the "View" button is hidden now. Swipe down while in the forecast view to see the Sync, View, and Search options, and then tap on View and you should see the same set of options that would have appeared in OmniFocus 1.x, one of which allows you to choose which Calendars you want to see in Forecast view.

That's how it should work, and that's how it did work in the past, but for some reason my selection of Calendars doesn't "stick", so I end up without *any* Calendars showing in Forecast view. Is this a bug, or am I missing a critical setting? I've already contacted the support ninja's about this, but so far no response.

BTW, I'm having the same problem in OF 1 and OF 2 and OF-iPad, so I suspect it's a problem with my calendars, but I can't figure out what exactly.

I think I found the problem: after reading in the forums about whether or not Exchange calendars sync or not, I realized I didn't have any local or iCloud calendars showing up (I only use my Exchange calendar, so I hadn't noticed before). I even couldn't create a new iCloud calendar. So I went to the iCloud website calendar, to find that I had 100+ calendars all with the same name, probably created by some weird time management app I tested a while back. It took a while to delete them all, but after that, selection of Calendars in Forecast view behaves as advertised.