The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change default search engine? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm new to OmniWeb, and I adore it... but I can't figure out how to change the default search engine- I want yahoo or ixquick rather than google.

Can the default search engine be changed?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks!

Go to Yahoo, click in their search field and a magnifying glass icon with a plus next to it will appear in the status bar at the bottom of the window (View>Show Status Bar if you don't already have it in view):

Click the magnifying glass to add the search engine - note the Keyword is the shortcut you can use in the location bar to do a search directly by typing (e.g. for macupdate.com, I use mu).

Select the search engine from the list by clicking the mag glass in the search bar:

OmniWeb will remember the last used engine and use it as the default from then on.