The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due Perspective modifications Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to request that Due be added to the status filter.

What I'm trying to do is see at a high level everything I have to do over the next year in collapsable chunks.

I have a project mode perspective that sort of does this now (Grouping: Due, Sorting: Due, Availability: Remaining, Status: Any, Estimated Time: Any) but it also shows in the collapsable time brackets assorted other tasks that are linked to the project that may not have due dates.

Basically, what I'm looking for is a Due perspective but one that includes EVERYTHING with a due date grouped by time (next week, next month, next three months, next six months, next year).

It would also be good if some more granularity could be added in the earlier chunks like next two weeks, next three weeks, etc.

Can I do this with what I've got now, or does the software require an upgrade to work like this?

I don't think I understand. Doesn't sorting and grouping by Due in Context mode already provide what you're asking for, apart from granularity of the groupings?

Curt

It does, but it also shows the tasks with no due date assigned - I don't want that. I just want to see the tasks with a due date assigned - even if there are other tasks within the same project that do not have a due date assigned.

For example, say I have a project called clean basement with two tasks: sweep floor (with a due date of March 22, 2011) and organize boxes (with no due date).

As it stands, with the settings describe in my original post, I would see both tasks in the "Within Three Months" group. What I'm trying to accomplish would be a view that only showed the sweep floor task in the "Within Three Months" group. In other words, if there is no due date assigned, I don't want to see it in this view.

Make sense?

Maybe this will help?

Your picture shows you in Project mode, not Context mode. In Context mode, those settings will get you only the items with due dates (either assigned, or inferred from project due dates).

I think I see where I'm going wrong. It's the difference in Project Mode and Context Mode perspectives.

Sort of confusing here, but the project mode shows the the time horizon I want and the context mode shows that data in the format I want.

I guess what I'm really after is the Forecast concept in the iPad version.

This is in a similar vein I think - but apologies if I'm hijacking - please put me right if so, I'm just learning the forum thing.
I wonder if I'm missing something. The perspective I use most is due - but I'd like to have a "due today" & a "due this week" - but when I try to save one, say as "due in next week", then change the standard "due" persepctive to the due in 24hrs, they both end up the same.
I'm using OF for Mac 1.8.2 & iPhone

Thanks in advance!