The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New Sorting options. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I read the new sorting options is release notes for Jan 4, 07. I have no idea where to find these sorting options:

"Added a 'Sort' menu underneath the 'Outlining' main menu and a 'Sort' submenu in the various outline context menus. Based on the outline and the selected rows, various sorting options are give. If no supported sorting options are found for the selected rows, the Sort menu will either be dropped or will just say 'No Selection'. Not every possible sorting option is presented right now, but this makes it pretty easy to add more. The most common ones have been added (particularly, 'By Name')."

I couldn't find it either. . .

Select the items that you want to sort--the actual actions or projects, not their parent. Then choose Edit --> Sort, or else right-click an item in the selection. Works a treat!

Curt

It's here and it is a hugely welcome addition for sorting your context sidebar etc. - very glad they added this in:

OH it's only for the sidebar for starters ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext555 View Post
OH it's only for the sidebar for starters ...
Not true. It works in the content pane in planning mode also.

Curt

As best I can tell no matter where I am or what I have selected it says "No Selection"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp07 View Post
As best I can tell no matter where I am or what I have selected it says "No Selection"
You need to select all the items that you'd like to sort before any options appear in that menu.