The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

506 zip files? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My iPhone app info page says "You have 35 projects and 306 actions stored in 506 zip files". That's a lot of zip files and might explain some of the slowness I experience.

Is there a way to consolidate those?

I tried reseting the database on the iPhone and resyncing but that didn't help.

Last edited by mitchm; 2009-03-08 at 05:04 PM..

In omnifocus for MAC, you can turn off the sync preference and reselect the Bonjour. Then connect iPhone and sync, all the zip files will be packed into only one zip file.

Last edited by wsypaul; 2009-03-08 at 07:17 PM..

BTW, I think it is a bug.
Omni says that after every sync operation, the database would be compacted. But it does not work as expected.

Last edited by wsypaul; 2009-03-08 at 07:16 PM..

If I remember correctly, Bonjour does compact the database more frequently than the other sync types, but that doesn't mean that we'll compact it all the way down to one zip file after every sync operation.

In fact, I can think of cases where that would be bad. Example: you have two macs and an iPhone that you sync via bonjour. Your phone is on the network, but OmniFocus is not running. If the Macs compact their database down to one zip file, the phone will have problems when it tries to sync.

(It's not clear that the original poster is using Bonjour - if they aren't, compacting their database down to one zip file will cause the same trouble.)

What all we do is compact any transactions that we're sure all 3 devices know about.

It sounds like the original poster has a device that hasn't synced in a long time, so we're holding on to all the individual transaction files, waiting for that device to catch up.

The way to check this would be to open up the Sync pane of preferences and press the "Show Clients" button. A list will slide out - what is the oldest entry in the "Latest Sync" column? Syncing that device will cause a lot of those transaction files to go away an hour later.

(We hold on to transaction files for an hour after any given sync for reasons I can't remember off the top of my head. The folks that wrote the code can probably explain the details.)