The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

v1.8.1: Error on sync to server w/self-signed security cert. [Known issue: will fix.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm running the latest version of the iPhone app (1.8.1) and syncing with my own WebDAV server. It's just using a self signed certificate but that's not been a problem until this release.

Whenever the app is cold started I get a message about the invalid certificate ("Unable to synchronize database with server." retry/cancel) but the sync completes behind that message. Whichever option I choose doesn't make any difference, the sync's always work it's just that the message shows up whenever I restart my phone / the app.

This has definitely regressed from a previous version where you could always trust the certificate. Known issue?

More info in this thread. Hope this helps!

Note: subsequently merged threads, but wanted to respond in the original before doing so.

Same thing as andersonshatch. Happens on both iPhone and iPad. It does sync, it's just annoying to get that message every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhedstrom View Post
Same thing as andersonshatch. Happens on both iPhone and iPad. It does sync, it's just annoying to get that message every time.

Sign up and sync your data to OMNI's SERVER, see previous page--read my post and follow the links.

Until the folks at OMNI work this out, the OMNI SERVER is the solution. This solution has been working for me for several days now.

Same comment as before, speed is dependent on your internet connection AND you also have to sync twice - first to the OMNI server and then to your iPhone (or the other way, iPhone to server).

I sync manually having switched off auto-sync to save time and sync interruptions.

Your workflow and requirements might be different to mine, however, you'll find the server option flexible enough to fit in with your own workflow.

This has gone from a minor annoyance to a soon-to-be emergency. Until yesterday, I was getting the SSL error, but syncing was continuing successfully in the background. Starting yesterday, for no apparent reason, it now displays the message and the sync does not take place. I've tried wiping OF on both my Mac and my iPhone to no avail. I'm now stuck with an empty OF on my iPhone, which is about to cause some issues with travel season approaching. Is there any ETA for a fix? Has the problem been located?

curiousstranger, I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing! Please contact us - while this is causing the same error message to appear, it sounds like a different underlying problem.

The issue being discussed in this thread should only appear during the first sync after the application is relaunched, and it shouldn't prevent sync so long as you say "yes, trust the server".

If you send email to "urgent@omnigroup.com" or call us at 800.315.6664 we can investigate this with you. Again, I'm very sorry for the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
The issue being discussed in this thread should only appear during the first sync after the application is relaunched, and it shouldn't prevent sync so long as you say "yes, trust the server".
Well, it appears it must just have needed a rest. I tried it again a few minutes ago, and now I get the option to trust the server, and it appears to be working.