The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Icon labels for aliases Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When you drag a folder or file into the note of an OF entry to be used as an alias, you get an icon for that alias but no label. Is there any way of making labels show? Its pretty hard to remember what the file/folder was otherwise, without clicking on it.

The names of linked files and folders can't yet be shown. Use Help --> Send Feedback to add your vote for this feature.

Curt

I know Omni Group already has this feature request in their database (because I, and many others, have already requested it). But it's a good idea to cast your "vote" if you feel strongly about it, as Curt suggested.

In the meantime, you can select the item's icon and hit spacebar to preview it with Quick Look (assuming you're on Leopard). I've found this to be almost as good as seeing the name inline, and often better since it can reveal the contents of the linked item.

-Dennis

Along these same lines, does anyone know if it's possible to show icon labels for flagged items as you're able to do with due items? I'd like to see now many I have in my menu bar or dock.

Thanks-

Quote:
Originally Posted by maysjp View Post
Along these same lines, does anyone know if it's possible to show icon labels for flagged items as you're able to do with due items? I'd like to see now many I have in my menu bar or dock.
Not currently. As usual, use Help --> Send Feedback to log your feature request.

Curt