The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Acid2 Passes! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller
Safari passed this test a month or two back as well. Since OmniWeb is also based on WebKit (actually, a more recent version), they are the only two browsers on any platform that can make that claim.
I just tested Opera 9, and it also passed the Acid2 test.

Firefox renders it properly about half-way. IE6 completely bombs, though! It looks like a splattered red mess with IE6.

Opera 9 beta passes as well (I almost hate to admit it, but I've been using Opera pretty much exclusively for a month now--it's hard not to be impressed by its speed...) If we could have OW's features and Opera's speed, man o man...

There are some geniuses thinking they invented something and make flash ads huge when you mouse over them. Result: Nothing on OS X can do such thing and you lose entire page content.

Such stupid inventions become "fashion" too. Other webmaster sees such thing, offers it to advertisers with 6x price.

Supporting every single guideline in W3C and even passing an evil test as Acid 2 is a GOOD thing.

Browsers should pass "genius webmaster (!) on acid" test too.

Quote:
Safari passed this test a month or two back as well. Since OmniWeb is also based on WebKit (actually, a more recent version), they are the only two browsers on any platform that can make that claim.
Actually, iCab has passed this test for ages, when there really was no other browser I know of that passed the test.

If you want near perfect standards compliance, use iCab. This browser even tells you if the page you are viewing is standards compliant. :-) If you want regex ad blocking and the best cookie management solution on the market, though, as is the case with me, you will have to stick with OW. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zottel
Actually, iCab has passed this test for ages, when there really was no other browser I know of that passed the test.

If you want near perfect standards compliance, use iCab. This browser even tells you if the page you are viewing is standards compliant. :-) If you want regex ad blocking and the best cookie management solution on the market, though, as is the case with me, you will have to stick with OW. ;-)
I use Rapidweaver for managing a site and iCab said it doesn't support shadow property.

Again, it is a nice browser in its own way.

Quote:
Well iCab b382 (3.0.2) doesn't :rolleyes:

Quote:
If you want near perfect standards compliance, use iCab. This browser even tells you if the page you are viewing is standards compliant. :-)
Bon Echo has this feature too albeit with the Firebug extension, but doesn't pass the test itself.;)

( Edit: Just got hold of the Opera 9 (non-beta) release - still passes as one would expect...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherren
Opera 9 beta passes as well (I almost hate to admit it, but I've been using Opera pretty much exclusively for a month now--it's hard not to be impressed by its speed...) If we could have OW's features and Opera's speed, man o man...
I've found that Opera loves it's cache (perhaps to build speed) and doesn't respond to site changes that well - i.e. when site testing the results wouldn't show?!

Last edited by Splutter; 2006-06-19 at 04:31 PM..

Opera 9 can also be configured to display an error dialog, with CSS and Javascript errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
Opera 9 can also be configured to display an error dialog, with CSS and Javascript errors.
oo - thanks. You learn something every day :)

Quote:
Konqueror 3.5 passed the test at least a month before Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
Well iCab b382 (3.0.2) doesn't :rolleyes:
Oh No :eek: I owe iCab and Alexander Clauss a big apology...

He has pointed out that if you mess around with the default 'font & language' preferences like I did - it can screw up the Acid test - now works OK :D