The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Speed Download Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hows the progress going with the speed download problem being fixed?

And is there any estimated date on which this fix may be releases?

Hello :)

I am using OW 5.6 SP6. I have recently started using Speed Download, and find that OW often hogs the CPU after handing the download over to SD. Closing the empty tab with the download-file link doesn't stop OW hogging. I have to quit OW completely.

This is a major nuisance. :(

Will it be fixed soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clytie View Post
I am using OW 5.6 SP6. I have recently started using Speed Download, and find that OW often hogs the CPU after handing the download over to SD. Closing the empty tab with the download-file link doesn't stop OW hogging. I have to quit OW completely.
Damn. I was hoping this would get fixed in 5.6. It's the biggest reason I still use Camino most of the time instead of OW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastorff View Post
Damn. I was hoping this would get fixed in 5.6. It's the biggest reason I still use Camino most of the time instead of OW.
Looks like I'll have to do the same. :(

I've found I can work around this CPU problem by dragging the download link to the Speed Download Floater.

Please fix it soon if poss ;-) Given the choice, I'll stick with OW and just launch SD for large files... but a solution here would be great.

EDIT: Testing with SD 4.1.16 - we'll see…

Last edited by mjharper; 2007-10-27 at 09:08 AM..

You know, I've wanted to love OmniWeb for years now, but it's 3 years later and you _still_ haven't worked with the SD people to cure the 100% CPU suckage problem.

So, yet again, I reach to delete my trial and wait to see when somebody will decide this issue is worth fixing.

John