The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Am I doing something wrong? Workspaces Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry yes it was the red dot. (I've not had a Mac for long, brought up on PCs) I guess I'm just used to the way Firefox worked. The minimising clutters up my dock, and I thought with the 'light' still being underneath that the programme was still open. (like mail etc...)

I will correct my ways and use it as designed. :)

Thank you for your time and patience.

The program is still open unless you've done the quit command (or it has crashed). But if you click the red dot, you are discarding the window. Unlike with Windows, closing the last window from an application will not usually make it quit the application.

I don't use Firefox under Windows very much, but Firefox on the Mac seems to work the same way as OmniWeb with Auto-save turned on in the workspace (assuming you've clicked the "save my tabs on quit" checkbox in Firefox). I think the workspaces in OmniWeb are really a superb feature. Now if it could only automatically shepherd new tabs/windows off to the appropriate workspace!

If nothing else, we've put on a good demonstration of the importance of precise descriptions in tracking down problems :-)