The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"Hide" instead of "Close" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey ...

Maybe my idea is totally wrong: But is there a way (Script, Option .. whatever) to force Omnifocus to hide the window instead of closing it while clicking on the (x) button???

I don't want always use Keybord-Shortcuts (cmd+h) or the Omni-Menu?

What i mean is:

I'm working in Omni ... so, now i want to hide that window without minimizing it (-) because i don't want to see another icon in my right dock (i'm using just a 12" Screen).

The only way is to tap the x - to close the window. But now if i switch back to Omni, it reloads the file (tick ... tick ... tick ...). Also: I don't see the Actual-Tasks in my dock-omni-icon when that window was closed.

So, all i want is: Click the (x) and the Omni-Window is hiden and not closed.

Maybe someone has a guess and understand what i wanted to ask :)

Thank you

Janice

You can create the following script:

Code:
tell application "System Events" to ¬
	set visible of first application process ¬
		whose frontmost is true to false
Save the script to ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus

Then you can add the script to your OmniFocus toolbar and you'll be able to hide the window(s) in OmniFocus. Switch back to OmniFocus and the window(s) will be restored to the unhidden state.

As an alternative, you could save the script to "Your Computer HD name/Library/Scripts" and it will be available to all your applications from the Script Menu in the Menu Bar., but then you cannot include it in your OmniFocus toolbar unless you also save a copy in the above-mentioned OmniFocus directory.

Last edited by Greg Jones; 2009-01-12 at 08:29 AM..

Okok ... you meant: ~/Library/Scripts/Appl.....

Now i got it :) Brilliant!!!!!! It works

Thank you so much!

Yup, I left out "Scripts" and used "\" instead of "/". I've edited the original post to make the changes. Glad to hear it is helpful.

Hi,

Just thought I'd throw out there the option of using the app "CornerClick." You just throw your mouse into any corner you choose and click, and it will Hide whatever application is currently open. Actually, you can configure the corners to do lots of things, like start your screen saver, run special apps, run applescripts.

Again - just an idea.

CornerClick is something i was looking for a very long time ... Indeed, it works (Just a problem with Photoshop)

Is this App still in development? I mean, i really think i would use it, if

Janice

Last edited by just_jj; 2009-01-12 at 11:42 AM..

Good point - I have no idea if it's still in development; I've had it on my computer for about a year now and it's been working fine. I've never noticed a problem, but I don't use photoshop so maybe my simple usage isn't the best test...

to whom it my concern:

You can change the icon for the script (cmd+i) and yes :) the same icon will be used in the toolbar. Thats great