The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.9.1 sneaky peeks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We've started posting OmniWeb 5.9.1 sneaky peeks. Enjoy!
oh well, that's good news... :-)

why no new web inspector?

First of all, thank you for keeping OW alive.

As a long time user of OW, I would like to make a few suggestions for future versions of OW. For fairly obvious reasons, this list contains only suggestions that are perceived (from the perspective of a non-programmer) that are easier/quicker to implement. In a sense I hope that they are all more or less self-evident, but probably should be stated anyway:

1. Update rendering engine to that of Safari 4.

2. Make each window (or even each tab) an independent process as in Google's Chrome, so that when the processes in one window/tab crash, the other windows/tabs are unaffected.

3. Allow the selection of vertical vs. horizontal tab bar to be set in preferences.

4. Make bookmarks to be shared with Safari 4, in the same way that Webkit's bookmarks relate to Safari's.

I hope this is not asking too much for the near future.

Thank you.

CA

I think we're going to try to do 1 in the fairly near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
I think we're going to try to do 1 in the fairly near future.
Needless to say I am delighted to hear that.
Thank you very much for the feedback.
Now, I will not continue a process that I had started yesterday: migration to Safari 4 ...

Now if that isn't proof that there is a god and his name starts with Omni, then I don't know. I bow to you Omnihova.

btw thanks to Ken for twittering the info about the sneaky peek to me (bunglemeister).

Here's my vote for keeping Omniweb alive. Thank you! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel View Post
Here's my vote for keeping Omniweb alive. Thank you! :)
Yay......we love u OmniWeb.......please don't ever leave us standing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglborps View Post
Now if that isn't proof that there is a god and his name starts with Omni, then I don't know.
His name is just Om.