The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Downloading problems in Omniweb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sometimes, for instance on myspace music, there are music files available to DOWNLOAD from artists (as opposed to just being able to listen to the tracks in your browser).

When I try download these files, all OW does is open them in a new tab. How do I fix this?

Btw, I love the browser, and it just lacks Dave Watanabe´s Inquisitorx plug in to be THE perfect browser for OS X.

Right-Click (or Ctrl-Click) on the link and choose "Save Link to Desktop" or "Save Link as ..."

Cheers for the response, but I´ve tried that and it won´t work. This is what I get if I rightclick a DOWNLOADABLE link on MySpace Music.

Got example page?

You can also try option-clicking on the link.

Ah, it's Flash.

But it works in every other browser....

If you have Quicktime Pro, you can select the down arrow on the right of the player to save the file you are playing.

If you don't, there's at least a workaround: In the preferences, go to "Plugins" and disable the Quicktime plugins. Note that you have to disable "QuickTime Plugin.plugin" as well as "QuickTime Plugin.webplugin" if you have both. Restart OmniWeb, and the file will download to your desktop (or whatever you have defined as your download dir).

This particular media player is flash, so the good old QT Pro trick won't work here I'm afraid.

But thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

:)

Actually, the file it tries to download is a MP3 and it is QT that tried to play it, so the QT trick will work.