The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My work didn't save Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was inputing a bunch of things last night, I closed out my computer and when I re opened it, it was reverted to the previous info and my new info is gone.

Is there a way to retrieve that?

ok

Last edited by billa; 2011-08-30 at 03:31 PM..

Sorry for the trouble, Billa - I'm afraid the first poster who responded is most likely incorrect, though.

The first thing you'll want to do is try switching to the "All Items" perspective, under the menu of the same name. If you search for the items in question, do they appear there? If so, the items weren't gone, just hidden from view by the settings chosen under the View menu.

Even if you're not seeing them in the All Items perspective, OmniFocus makes periodic backups of your data, and by default it backs up your data twice a day, plus when the app quits. Your backups are stored in your Documents folder, in a folder named "OmniFocus Backups". Just double-click the most recent backup to open it up alongside your current database to compare the two. If you find the missing items, you can just drag them from the backup and re-add them to your "real" database.

Even if that doesn't work, you can email our support folks and we're happy to investigate this with you. We haven't had any bugs like this in a long, long time, but it's always a possibility. Sorry again for the trouble!

The first response in this thread was from someone that had never contributed to the forums before. Based on that and their rather bad spelling, it looks a lot like the fake accounts that are frequently created on our forums for the purposes of spamming.

Handled it like I handle all spammer accounts - post was removed and the account was disabled. Sorry for the confusion it caused.

Tanks Brian
I deleted my response to him also.

Brian, is there a way to get my crossed off items back? I accidentally crossed a couple off that I want.

Yes, there is a built-in perspective called Completed. Bring that up, find the items you want back, and uncheck them.

A word of warning: if you have the opportunity (you realize your mistake right after you make it), it is better to use the Undo command rather than to uncheck by clicking the checkbox again. The reason for this is that unchecking does not undo any side effects that completing the action or project might have had, such as making the next instance for a repeating item, but the Undo command does.