The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AppleScript for Generating a Report of Completed Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just came across this article today, tried it out, and works superbly.

It explains how to set up an AppleScript to find all of your completed tasks up to 1 month back and creates a report-like note in Evernote. This is the first time I've used ran the AppleScript utility, and the article explains how if you're a first timer too. I had to do a search on how to view the scripts folder in your hidden Library folder.

I've just incorporated this into my monthly workflow:
- run script to generate report of last month's completed tasks
- in OF, move old data into archive
- & sync to reduce the database size

AppleScript article: http://www.tuaw.com/2013/02/18/apple...rt-to-evernot/

How to make Library folder visible: http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...older-visible/

The only thing I wish the script could do is probably include any notes and attachments that belong to a task and display the date/time the tasks were marked completed. That would go a long way into keeping an easy to read archive of my tasks and its associated notes.

Last edited by gattaca; 2013-02-23 at 12:12 AM..

This is great !
thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know how to do the following:

1. Automate this with hazel ?

2. Have the document created sync w/ evernote ?