The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Acid2 Passes! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
wow. Not that it really matters in the big picture, but OW5.5 is the first browser I've used that completely passes the Acid2 test!

Safari passed this test a month or two back as well. Since OmniWeb is also based on WebKit (actually, a more recent version), they are the only two browsers on any platform that can make that claim.

Well Nokia use WebKit on their new Phones - so they might also pass it too.

Shiira will also pass by virtue of the same thing - use of WebKit

I just visited the acid two test page
http://www.webstandards.org/files/acid2/test.html

sp14 "passes", but I did note a couple of rendering problems in parts of the smiley face. What are the criteria for passing? Safari, FWIW, renders the page absolutely perfectly.

P

I see no rendering errors at all for SP14. It's perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philonous
sp14 "passes", but I did note a couple of rendering problems in parts of the smiley face. What are the criteria for passing? Safari, FWIW, renders the page absolutely perfectly.
I have found that if you have ad blocking set to prevent inline content from third-party sites from being loaded, the Acid2 test will not render correctly. Toggling this setting allowed the Acid2 test to pass.

-C

This is probably because you're blocking some gifs it need to display correctly. This is not an error in OW.

I see Sneaky Peek, Safari and Shiira plus Opera 9 beta are all passing :eek: wot a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesa
I have found that if you have ad blocking set to prevent inline content from third-party sites from being loaded, the Acid2 test will not render correctly. Toggling this setting allowed the Acid2 test to pass.

-C
Thanks for mentioning this! This is a very criticial point, otherwise the eyes and nose will not appear properly on the smiley face, and it will appear that the test fails with OW 5.5.

This was tested with OW 5.5 SP 15.