The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The "thank you for your hard work" thread Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
People who work with me have occasionally told me I have nothing nice to say. I don't tend to complement a job well done, but point out more areas of improvement. I don't like to sit and spend time on the past, but focus on the future. That rubs people the wrong way sometimes...

Anyway, this forum has been filled with bugs, requests, more bugs and more requests. Enough to even tire me some. So I figured I would throw a different thread in the mix - one that says thanks.

So thanks to all you omni folk. Your web browser makes my life/job easier. OmniGraffle makes charting stuff easier than before (I used to use freehand, draw boxes, move lines each time a box moves...)

I hope you have AC.

thanks Forrest :)

AC??? like, air conditioning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
AC??? like, air conditioning?
Yeah. I suppose you can just chill at zoka if you don't ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Yeah. I suppose you can just chill at zoka if you don't ;)
*peeks out from under her parka* -- AC is NOT an issue 'round here ;)

I'll chime in, too, and add my thanks. OW was always my #1 choice for browsers, but I had to open Safari or Firefox for some things I use often (i.e. Google Maps). Not any more! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what version 6 has in store (even if it's a ways off)!

I reckon I'll thank them with a new license, as soon as 5.5 is released. :)

...and I do hope they get a good sense of how much their hard work is appreciated by all of the rabid fans/users around here. ;)

I've been on the fence as far as my primary browser is concerned (call me a "browser agnostic" if you will), but finding myself using FF with tons of extensions for the last 9 months or so, on all my machines (Mac & PC). Camino? Looks nice, but not enough features (one good example of making something *too* simple imo). Safari? Nice, especially with a few plugins, but gets bogged down too quickly for some reason (I can keep FF open for weeks with tons of tabs, and no problems -- Safari? not so much...).

OmniWeb has always looked nice, had nice features, etc., but as a web developer (and web junkie) I haven't been able to use it because of its older rendering engine. Even so, I recognized the importance of trying to make the best browser on the Mac, so I purchased a registration months ago, but almost never open the app. That registration has now paid off, since these sneak peeks have been my default browser on 3 machines since I started using them at #9, and I'm thrilled so far.

Thank you, OmniGroup, for continuing to make your browser the best. It looks like you finally have achieved that goal, with honors (and it's not even *final* yet!).

P.S. I think I'll repost this to SB...

I have to admit I'm slightly surprised that there's no indication of OW 5.5 being a paid upgrade. Considering the work that's been put into this release, I'd have no qualms buying an upgrade for the improvement in performance of a program that I use for several hours a day! What I said almost a year ago still applies today.

I first started using OmniWeb when it was the only browser available for OS X Public Beta and I've still never found a better browser. The registration "nag" messages on an unregistered copy I had on a secondary computer would make me laugh every time. Something like: "A man in Chicago registered OmniWeb and the next day he got free fries with his burger. A woman in Seattle didn't register OmniWeb and the next day she stubbed her toe really badly. Coincidence?"

I love the zoomed text editing, its about the best thing ever. I love workspaces. I love how it actually follows good human interface design policies. (Safari, Camino, et al weird "double arrow" tab spillover thingy, I'm glaring at you.) I can't think of one thing I don't like about OmniWeb.

Quote:
For example, "I tried to drag the framistan onto the hee-whackity, the application didn't respond for about 10 seconds, and then it crashed. This is the third time it has crashed while I was trying to do the same thing, and it only started happening since I installed CrashDoubler 7.8!"
OmniWeb crashed today with that (saving all my open windows and everything!) pre-filled into the crash reporter and I laughed out loud again. Please keep this for the non-sneaky peek releases.

+10 if you remember what and where "framistan" came from. I sure do. :P