The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Polygonal Lines Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been using OG for years and I feel really stupid because I still can't figure out how lines work.

I want to create a polygonal line so I start drawing the line and click each time i want to change direction. .... This works fine ... except when it doesn't. I am doing a diagram right now and sometimes this works and sometimes the line ends on the first click ... and I can't figure out the difference... I have been struggling with this for a long time and finally decided to ask.

Can anybody provide any insight?

A single click should add a midpoint, a double-click should end the line.

I can't see any way a single click would end the line, unless it was connecting to a shape in the process.

If that's not the case, I'd suggest trying a fresh set of preferences to see if that makes a difference.

With further playing ... it seems to work correctly if I am drawing a line on white space ... but if I am on top of another object it terminates on the first click. I have the OPTION key down so it should not be trying to connect objects.

Aha, that looks like a bug to me -- It shouldn't be ending the line on the first click, yet is when Option is held down.

A bug has been filed on this, thanks very much for pointing it out!

Phew... I think this has been there almost forever... I figured it was just something I didn't understand :) I feel a lot better now.

Thanks Joel.

/lss